tisdag 26 april 2016

Welcome to my new blog!

Here I will try to write thoughts I have about books I read or films, TV shows or plays I see. It might be either fiction or facts. I might also write about historical individuals who I think is fascinating and remarkable.

Who am I then? Well, my name is Amanda and I am an archaeologist, born, raised and living in Sweden. I mostly have time to read non-fiction books, but I am trying to get as much fiction in there as I can. I am kind of nerdy and mostly study Vikings and colonialism. I do have "a fling" with the Swedish royal Vasa family in the 16th and early half of the 17th century too though.

Besides topics related to my work as an archaeologist, I am at the moment totally nerdy about the Australian TV series Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries, the British sketch show Horrible Histories and the actors from Horrible Histories's own fantasy series Yonderland so entries about those are probably most likely to appear. None of these are particularly famous in Sweden and I long so much to talk about them here because of this.

This blog is also a way for me to improve my written English, so most of the posts will be in English. However, sometimes I might have a need to stress some things for just a Swedish audience. When this happens I will write in Swedish.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar